Social media dating apps like Tinder have become a great way to find your “soulmate” (yes, we know … that’s why we put it in inverted commas). But Tinder seems more like a high-school campus where it’s easy to feel out of place if you are not up for more than a typical hook-up. So, to widen the field, we found some dating apps that promise to both protect your identity and keep the sleaziness at bay. What more could a single girl ask for?
1. Truly Madly:Truly Madly lets you choose who you talk to online, on the basis of your characteristics and preferences, without knowing the opposite person’s name. But you can read other, relevant details like their profession, age, hobbies etc. Once you select a person, the app allows you to chat with him or her and even play fun games with them. You can even use funky emojis and stickers to express yourself. But the best part is that the app has a strict verification process to makes sure people are thoroughly screened before registration
The app works on Windows, Apple and Android devices and you can download it here.
2. Woo: Woo is a fun way to mingle with singles! It requires you to log in with your Facebook account and you don’t have to swipe right or left (like Tinder does). Instead, if you like someone, you can click on a heart icon. If you don’t like someone, then simply skip that profile to move to the next. The app has in-built questions, which prompts you to initiate conversation with the opposite person. The only glitch here is that your Facebook profile is visible to everyone on the app. But, the app refrains from displaying full names of the people on the app so your name is not being displayed to the masses.
The app is available on Android and Apple phones. Click here to download.
3. OkCupid: This is probably the only Indian app that caters to people with different sexual orientations, which is amazing. It gives you an option to select your preferences and you need to fill in a lot of information before you find your match. The app has an elaborate search filter, which is good if you know exactly what you are looking for.
4. Aisle: If you are desperate to get hitched then Aisle is the app you need. You need to fill out detailed information about your height and weight (hey, we’re not judging… okay, yes we are, but if this is your cup of tea, then go for it). You can choose to key in details about your religion, as well. After answering all their questions, you will have to wait for around a week to get a list of right matches.
5. Badoo: Badoo is a popular app with over 315 million users and is widely used to make new friends, share interests and find a date. The app helps you find people in your vicinity, based on your common interests and preferences, making it easy to meet and converse. The registration process is simple, which can be done also via social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.