Online matchmaking app Woo has appointed Sanem Erucar as the Head of Product and Ritesh Bhatnagar as the Head of Growth Marketing. In their new roles, they will work on strategic new initiatives to drive domestic and International growth.
Commenting on the appointment Sumesh Menon, Co-Founder and CEO, Woo said, “I’m happy to introduce two extremely talented and experienced leaders to provide added impetus to our growth story. Both Sanem and Ritesh have proven ability to drive innovation and growth, ensure disciplined execution, and deliver results. We believe that their passion for consumers will ensure that Woo continues to deliver innovations and create magic in people’s life.
Prior to joining Woo, Erucar spent many years in product management with some of the most successful dating apps worldwide. She also brings extensive strategy experience, garnered over her previous stint with McKinsey & Co. An alumnus of the Kellogg School of Management and based out of Frankfurt, Erucar will drive invaluable data-driven decision making and design thinking as part of Woo’s product strategy.
Commenting on the appointment Erucar said, “As India’s urban cities attract an influx of young singles who are tech-savvy and independent, it has created a very compelling opportunity for the online dating category and Woo has carved out an impressive space in this dynamic ecosystem in an incredibly short amount of time. I look forward to taking the company through the next milestone of building a wider footprint and expanding scale.”
Bhatnagar has 17 years of experience in driving marketing for some of the leading brands in the country. Prior to joining Woo, he was running brand marketing for one of India’s leading telecom brands – Aircel.
“I am really excited to take this opportunity to work with India’s leading matchmaking app. Woo’s proposition has the potential to change the dating landscape of India and the new feature updates along with the right market research is making it the leading application of its genre. I look forward to the opportunity of working with this immensely capable team and facilitating their international ambitions,” added Bhatnagar.
- Love food? Say it!: If you’ve always harboured a secret love for food, show off your gourmand side – a shared love for food, cooking or unusual cuisines are great ways to form connection.
- Playful profiles: Add character to your profile with interesting photos and things you enjoy, but keep it original and avoid cliche. Don’t be the guy/girl who ‘lives life to the fullest’.
- To start with: Start the conversation with an interesting question – it immediately dispels the awkwardness of the small talk routine.4)
- Play it cool: Let people gradually reveal their personality through conversation – don’t start a conversation with a set agenda
- Don’t procrastinate: Messages sent within the first 24 hours are twice as likely to receive a response. So don’t just collect matches – initiate a conversation.
- Be genuine: Look at the person’s profile and write to them about something specific, so they know that you’re not just randomly throwing out opening lines to every single person that is on the app. Spend time in reading their profile and ask questions which are relevant.
- Do not use too many Emojis : Emojis are fun but not everybody appreciates that, so try to be real and kick-start your conversation with real words.
- Momentum is important: Momentum is the key for every conversation to keep the interest going. Be responsive and involved and when the timing is right, make plans to connect on the phone or in person.